Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Have a Positive Mind

What to write, what to write... sometimes I'm really in the mood to write a blog post but I just do not know what to write. It's usually when I'm in a bad mood but I don't love sharing negative posts because who wants to read a blog post from a Debbie Downer? Not me. So that usually has me writing a sentence or two or even a full paragraph and then hitting delete until I have a blank page again. And I've started to write this post over and over but nothing is really feeling right. Today has been a really crappy day for no particular reason at all. It just kind of started out bad and continued on to be bad and honestly a lot of it had to do with my bad attitude right from when I woke up lol. I also feel like things on the internet and in the news are always pretty depressing so I'm feeling the need to write a bit of a happy post, just sharing a bunch of happy things that have happened in the last little while and that are coming up to hopefully boost my mood and maybe brighten someone else's day in the process!

Image via Pinterest

+ The last three days have been good. My mood has been just good. Ya know those days where you just feel happy and good the whole day? Ya, 3 days of that in a row! Woot woot!

+ I cooked dinner 6 out of 7 days last week. I'm quite proud of that.

+ We have another How We Wore It post coming soon. I'm pumped!

+ I listened to this podcast episode about social media this week and I felt so inspired by it! Give it a listen. You won't regret it! It's a business podcast and I'm no businesswoman but I still find the podcast so interesting! This episode is a lot about how we control what we see on social media and what images we subject ourselves to and how those images can affect us. So interesting!

+ I got a new nail color from Ulta recently and every time I look at my bright pink nails it makes me smile.

+ This pin of mine is getting a lot of traction on Pinterest and it makes me excited. I try not to pay that much attention to stats but sometimes I can't help but peak to see what's working and what's not.

+ Parker is coming close to finishing his third year of medical school and we will find out what our 4th-year plans are soon! YAY!

+ It's supposed to be 23 degrees Celcius (70 degrees for my American friends) on Friday and you can bet your bottom dollar I will be spending some time outside. IT. IS. TIME.

+ I have PiYo class tonight (Pilates and Yoga combined) and it's always a highlight of my week. If you've never tried PiYo before, you should! Every week, without fail, I am sore in all the right places the next day. It kicks my butt and I feel so dang good afterward.

Image via Pinterest.

Ok. I'm feeling better now so that's all I have for you today. Have a great day and think positive thoughts! Share something happy with me in the comments! Let's be happy together and spread happy things :).

xoxo, Chelan

4 comments :

  1. I love this! Writing down your gratitudes is a great way to get out of a funky mood, too. Or at the very least to prove to yourself that in the midst of the crap great things are also happening. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And it totally worked! I'm totally going to try to remember to do this more often. Thanks for stopping by today <3

      Delete
  2. This is what I try to do when I'm feeling down, too - focus on things I'm excited about or grateful for. Good for you for not succumbing to the blues! It can be especially hard, I find, when the weather just refuuuuuuses to get nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? This weather is KILLING me! haha I am really starting to think that I have seasonal depression to a degree. And I think I can speak for all of Ohio when I say that we neeeeeeeeed spring. Not just want but need.

      Delete