Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Summer 2017: Montana/Alberta

Parker and I had 3 weeks off this summer and we spent those 3 weeks with our families out West. We visited my favorite places on earth with my favorite people on earth and it was such a dream. It doesn't get much better than that!

We flew into Calgary on Saturday, June 24th, around 6 pm and my parents picked us up. They took us home to Cardston where we spent the night. We got to go to church with them the next morning and listen to Camrie and her friends sing the most beautiful song in sacrament meeting. I could listen to them sing it over and over and over again! They have the voices of angels! We also enjoyed a delicious meal at Nana and Pumpas house that evening.

Then the Hollingsworths picked us up to go to Eureka, Montana for 5 days. We spent that time going on different hikes and nature walks, cliff jumping, and out on the lake (my happy place). It was so much fun! Parker fished a ton, we paddle boarded, and I just vegged in the sun on the floaty. I'm really happiest in my swimsuit in the sun near a body of water.

On Friday, my parents picked us up on their way to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho for some camping! As soon as we got to the campsite, they got the call that Bailey was going to have the baby so they unhooked the camper, dumped us kids, and my parents took off on the 8-hour drive back to Cardston, unbeknownst to the soon to be parents. They left at 11 pm and arrived at the turn off to Lethbridge or Cardston at the same time they received a call that it was happening so they went straight to Lethbridge. Craig started calling them again as soon as they arrived at the hospital but they held off answering saying that they needed to wake us girls and Parker up so we could be there for the phone call to announce the gender and how everyone was doing. They walked around the corner to surprise Craig and to hear that it was a beautiful baby boy! Parker and I were thrilled to be here for the arrival of baby Max as his due date wasn't until after we were supposed to fly home. He is such a little cutie!

While my parents were gone to meet the babe, we got a taxi and went to the beach. My parents spent a few hours with the baby and the new parents and then turned around to drive right back to Cour d'Alene. They arrived with just enough time to take a dip in the lake and then we went back to the campsite. We enjoyed time together on Sunday just hanging out and then went to Silverwood on Monday. After Silverwood, we drove to Lake Blaine with the Quintons to spend the 4th of July there. We loved our time on the lake and the amazing show of fireworks to celebrate this beautiful country!

The next day we went back to Canada and spent our days out in Beazer building a pretty dang awesome dam to make the swimming hole deeper. Writing this is making me want to go back so bad! We spent some time in Waterton with my uncle and cousin who surprised everyone by randomly showing up on Nana & Pumpa's doorstep. SO FUN!

After our time in Cardston, we went back to Eureka for about 5 more days spent more time fishing, more time in the lake and I couldn't complain. To end our trip we went to Banff/Lake Louise and did a hike and it was absolutely beautiful! I had a tear or two as we left the mountains toward the airport.

I've compiled a video of our trip and I'm so excited about it! Watching it brings me so much joy so I hope it will bring you joy, too! I'm by no means a professional video editor or filmmaker or anything but creating videos of our vacations is one of my favorite things to do! I'm quite proud of this one :).

Be sure the click the 1080p HD option to ensure the best quality!



Thanks, Hollingsworths and McMurrays for always giving us the best time when we come to visit! We love you!

xoxo, Chelan

2 comments :

  1. LOOOOOVE! You have the funnest fam and you're gorgeous! Loved the vid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Making videos is so much fun! I'm so glad you liked it :)

      Delete