Sunday, August 13, 2017

Our Love Story: Part 12

"Here's the thing about this love story of ours. It's long. And drawn out. And mushy-gushy. And even a bit cheesy. But it's true. And I've decided to take my time writing it, capturing all the special details of those moments I never want to forget. So if mushy-gushy, cheesy love stories aren't your thing, I totally get that. Just know that I'm writing this as a gift - to my family, and my children, and their future children - and also, for [Parker] and me - so that on those days when the kids are screaming, the laundry is overflowing and the bills are rolling in...on those days when it all just seems so hard, we'll have this to remind us of those first moments when we fell in love. And if sappy, detail ridden love stories are your thing, well then you've come to the right place." -Ashley Stock


To read the beginning of Our Love Story, click here
***
***

April 2011 - July 2011

***
Parker and I didn't get to talk to each other while I was on my cruise so we went from seeing each other every day all day/texting when we weren't together, to no communication whatsoever. So Parker was absolutely adorable and wrote me long messages on Facebook for when I got back from my cruise. He even had songs I should listen to while I read each message included at the beginning of each one. It was so cute and I loved coming home to that! I thought that Facebook had swallowed up all those old messages but I just went back and found them and I'm dying over them! They are such treasures!!!


The beginning of the first message. 

And this is how he signed the first one. *swoon*

Believe it or not, once upon a time Parker had a bit of an accent and it was the cutest thing ever. It was part of why I fell for him in the first place. It was kind of Southern-ish? That's the best way I know how to describe it. 

Anyway, after I got home from my cruise we had about 3 months until he was to go on his mission so we just texted, Facebook messaged, and Skyped as much as possible. We never stopped talking to each other and learned so much about each other during those 3 months. It was a really fun time in our relationship but I definitely and obviously prefer actually being together over long distance. However, in hindsight, I think it was good for us to have had so much time to just get to know each other before his mission. So many conversations (most of which were really trivial and the stuff I said was always cringe worth. Why was I so weird????!!!) and time spent chatting.

One thing I noticed about Parker early on is that I was always left wanting more! Whether that be conversation, just being in his presence, or kisses ;). With other guys I had liked, I got bored easily and lost interest after a short while. But with Parker, I never got tired of him. Ever. And I'm still not tired of him. He's my best friend and there is no one I would rather be with.

***

The "Messages Parker Sends to Chelan While She is Off Experiencing Major Cruisage" Series Soundtrack:

First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes

Oh, It is Love - Hellogoodbye

Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer

18th Floor Balcony - Blue October

What Sarah Said - Death Cab For Cutie

As Long As You Love Me - Backstreet Boys LOL

Collide - Howie Day

Endlessly - Green River Ordinance (I first heard this song while Parker and I were on a date and I listened to it on repeat while he was on his mission. It's my favorite).

And let me just end with this. He is the cutest and best thing ever. Can you tell I'm feeling nostalgic and love my husband?


Thanks for following along while I document our love story! It means so much to me! <3

***
Part 13

2 comments :

  1. I love you guys! I felt the exact same way about Tyler! I would get bored so easily with other guys but I could not get enough of him! Those Hollingsworth boys are something else!

    ReplyDelete