Monday, September 28, 2015

Our Love Story: Part 4

"Here's the thing about this love story of ours. Its long. And drawn out. And mushy-gushy. And even a bit cheesy. But it's true. And I've decided to take my time writing it, capturing all the special details of those moments I never want to forget. So if mushy-gushy, cheesy love stories aren't your thing, I totally get that. Just know that I'm writing this as a gift - to my family, and my children, and their future children - and also, for [Parker] and me - so that on those days when the kids are screaming, the laundry is overflowing and the bills are rolling in...on those days when it all just seems so hard, we'll have this to remind us of those first moments when we fell in love. And if sappy, detail ridden love stories are your thing, well then you've come to the right place." -Ashley Stock

To read the beginning of our love story, click here.
***


It's taken me a long time to get this post up and running... actually I've had this post written for over a year now. I was really hoping that Parker would write his perspective of the first time we met because I know its funny (he thought I was a brat), but he doesn't share my enthusiasm of his thoughts being posted on the internet, which I get and respect. So we'll just pretend it was love at first sight on his end.. :)

***
Late August 2010

***
Photo via Pinterest

At the end of the summer, my family and I drove down to Utah for my cousin's wedding. While we were there I decided to take a break from the wedding prep to go hang out with Tessa at BYU freshman orientation. We ended up running into Parker as we were leaving. Because I was at freshman orientation, he assumed that I was attending BYU that fall along with Tessa, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case. Later on I found out that Parker had been plotting that whole weekend, trying to find ways to get me to hang out with him. Some of his ideas included making dinner for Tessa and me, inviting us to a dance, and going to the arcade. Sadly, none of that actually happened.... until the next time I came to visit a few weeks later!

After high school, I was unsure of what to do with my life. I decided to stick around home to work for a semester and then apply to BYU for the Winter. There were only a handful of kids my age still in Cardston when fall started so when the Labor Day long weekend rolled around, we all decided to take a road trip to Utah to hang out with friends and go to a BYU football game. That long weekend was packed full of so much fun! First we went to the football game which was a blast and SO HOT! After the football game we went to a couple freshman dances.

The crew that I went with to visit Tessa (front row, right end) and Janeen (sitting next to me) at temple square. 

Us at the football game. Forgive those sunnies... idk what I was thinking.

Dance #1. Parker was there with his friend, Carson, and I was with Tessa. We were all in the middle of everything just dancing our little hearts out when the DJ said, "The next song is girls choice! Ladies, pick your man!"
Parker then leaned in and said, "Are you going to ask me to dance?!"
I replied with a quick, "No.."
Then Tessa asked Carson to dance and all the other people surrounding us seemed to pair up which left Parker and I standing awkwardly in the middle of a bunch of dancing couples. So I finally said, "Ok. Dance with me!" We then shared our first dance and it was so much fun! He had me laughing the whole time!

The ladies that we went to the first dance with.

Dance #2. Tessa and I decided to head to another dance at Helaman Halls to see what fun we could find there. I can't remember if Parker and Carson decided to follow us there or if we followed them..... we'll say they followed us ;) This other party had a bunch of games happening outside as well as the dance inside and while I was inside getting my groove on, Parker was outside giving up on me... and talking to another girl.. He ended up leaving with her that night and I was SO peeved by it. My reaction to him leaving with another girl left me feeling surprised. I knew right then and there that I was in big trouble with this guy that I barely even knew.

***
Part 5

No comments :

Post a Comment